Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Awesome blogs from you!
Hi Alanna - my computer is being nice to me today - I will be quick before it kicks me out. What a great couple of last entries - very interesting - great pictures & info - and the fact that you are learning so much abt the culture and some cultures who are not so nice. Good luck in the classroom when you fly solo today! So glad to you able to watch the greatest historical day in our recent memory - especially with people you are just beginning to know. You will never forget where you were on Jan 19, 2009 & you will tell your children & their children. I have no words! If you imagined your mother in tears while watching the inauguration - you are sooooo correct! Water works! I love you so much & send you many blessing! Sorry your pckg did not arrive - was suppose to be there on Sat - a little worried - but you can check with the Post Office too. xxxxxooooo So proud of you & the person that you are! Luv, mum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alanna: This is my second attempt at leaving a comment. I FINALLY got to your blog site. Loved the pictures and hearing about your work. Kennan and I were in Arizona on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation with a Lakota Sioux work colleague of Kennan's. We had a wonderful visit. You definitely feel in a very foreign country. Native Americans have been so mistreat and have fascinating cultures. We can learn a lot from them, I think.
That trip was my first time in the SW. It is such a beautiful area. I've not seen the Canyon de Chelly and would love to. You must see the Grand Canyon. I think it is truly a religious experience.
Keep up the posts. Maybe let me/us know when you add, so we know to check it out. Love, A Libby
Oooops! Your Aunt Libby meant S. Dakota for the location of Pine Ridge. Perhaps I'm thinking more like a Native American -- no state borders??
Post a Comment