After school Friday we began our weekend adventures. We found the Shonto Trading Post and some dinner. It is small, but as a great sense of community. It is down in the canyon by lots of trees, it's beautiful. We then drove around for a bit till we made it back to the dorms to microwave our meals. We spent the night watching movies and catching up on things. After going to bed early and sleeping in :) we headed to Page, AZ. It was only an hour drive up north and an amazing drive. There are so many rock formations, mountains, and open desert along the way. We made it to Page where they have shopping places and a fun little old fashioned diner. We got a bunch of snacks and things we forgot at home before heading to Glen Canyon Dam. It is a man made dam that blocks the Colorado River. The bridge I had to drive over was so high!!! My feet were sweating! We then explored a little more and then came back to the dorm to work on things. It was a fun day!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Weekend Adventures
After school Friday we began our weekend adventures. We found the Shonto Trading Post and some dinner. It is small, but as a great sense of community. It is down in the canyon by lots of trees, it's beautiful. We then drove around for a bit till we made it back to the dorms to microwave our meals. We spent the night watching movies and catching up on things. After going to bed early and sleeping in :) we headed to Page, AZ. It was only an hour drive up north and an amazing drive. There are so many rock formations, mountains, and open desert along the way. We made it to Page where they have shopping places and a fun little old fashioned diner. We got a bunch of snacks and things we forgot at home before heading to Glen Canyon Dam. It is a man made dam that blocks the Colorado River. The bridge I had to drive over was so high!!! My feet were sweating! We then explored a little more and then came back to the dorm to work on things. It was a fun day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad your feet weren't sweating enough to slip off the break! That is high! I hope you are settling in to everything. I'm sure you feel like you are on a different planet, but you really aren't! I'm getting a webcam+microphone soon and then we can Skype! You'll have to carry me around and show me everything. Also, why can't you give out real names?
Having a little difficulty with how this blog site works. I hope I get the hang of it before you come back. The pictures are amazing and I am really enjoying your writings.
I hope you didn't shut your eyes while you drove over this bridge.
Post a Comment