Today I was able to watch the inauguration will over 60 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders, and all their teachers. It was amazing. They brought all the students over to the dorms because they have big screen T.V.s and direct TV. Some of the students were unsure of what was going on, so there was a lot of telling them to hush. The students would clap for Obama and would shout his name when he came on T.V. All of the teachers were very excited and so happy for Obama to be inaugurated. We had no idea that morning that we would get the chance to go to the dorm and watch, it was a great surprise! My favorite part was the piece by John Williams that he wrote just for the inauguration. It was beautiful and I love Yo-Yo-Ma :)
At the end of the day I read the story "My Teacher for President" to the students and we did a K.W.L. chart. A K.W.L. chart asks what you already know, what you want to know, and what you learned. We filled it out as a class and the students did a great job. I don't think they have ever done an activity like that before and I hope we get to do more! It helps a lot with comprehension and understanding that books are there to help us learn. The students learned a lot more about what a president does and why we have a president.
After school Heather and I walked outside and say the most wonderful site. A herd of sheep had wandered onto the playground and were grazing. All of the other people didn't seem to mind, but we were amazed. We of course took some pictures! Then a dog came running up and barked at us, we assumed it was the sheepdog. I just love how things like that are normal around here :)
Tomorrow my teacher and the teacher aid will be gone because they both have to take family members to the clinic. I'm on my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited :) Everything is already ready to go, and hopefully I can throw in my own touches :) Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment